Impossible Maths Problem? | Yahoo Answers
Siri -- a digital helper available on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch -- brings on the burn with her unexpected answer to the impossible math problem, "What is zero divided by zero?" Users with easily penetrable self-esteems beware:
Check it out... I just can't seem to find an explanation as to why this square is missing. This is an impossible maths problem! Do you know? It seems that the areas of the individual parts are all the same each time. all that happens is that the two triangles and the other shape are exchanged.
Look like the smartest guy in the room wearing this impossible math problem t-shirt. The featured theorem was first posed in 1742, and has yet to be verified or disproven.
- Printed with black ink on a medium grey tee
- Printed on a preshrunk Anvil 980 lightweight tee
- 100% combed ring-spun cotton
- T-shirt is hand pulled on a manual screenprinting press
- Printed with 100% environmentally friendly, phalate free, plastisol inks Other guests noted that the couple seem much older than their ages, not at all the stereotypically conflicted Generation X couple who stay up all night struggling with their relationship as if it were an impossible math problem. Instead, Ms. Byrne and Mr. McMahon were eager to make the commitment and spend Saturday nights cooking, talking and telling jokes in their suburban kitchen. You might find this video if you search for: "missing square", "impossible maths problem", really hard math problem, or even optical illusion, missing square puzzle.Quotations she lives by fill a bulletin board in her classroom. One reads, “Life has no limitations except the ones you make.” Students threatening to give up on a seemingly impossible math problem are directed to look at the board. Gannon herself finds the word “handicap” limiting for someone who dreams so big. In a study, Stigler asked first-grade students to solve an impossible math problem to see how long they’d struggle with it. In the U.S., the average was less than 30 seconds. The Japanese students worked for an hour, until researchers told them to stop.